Workflows with Michael AnthonyAll episodes
Scott sits down with award-winning wedding photographer Michael Anthony to discuss time-saving techniques and workflow optimization in the photography business.
Michael Anthony Photography is a Los Angeles-based Wedding Photography studio that was started in 2011 by Michael & Jennifer Loizzi. Their work is best known for its colorful, contemporary, cinematic style of portraiture.
“Outsourcing and automating tasks in your photography business will not only save you time and money but also allow you to focus on what you do best – capturing beautiful moments.” – Michael Anthony
In the episode, Scott and Michael discuss various aspects of the photography process, from lighting techniques and outsourcing to the potential of AI in the industry. They share insights and personal experiences, offering valuable tips and resources for photographers looking to streamline their workflows and improve their businesses.
Ready to optimize your photography workflow for efficiency and creativity? Tune in to this episode of Workflows to discover time-saving techniques, automation tools, and the future of AI in the photography industry.
Discussed in this episode
- Discussion of workflow for photography sessions, including engagement sessions, wedding shoots, reveal sessions, and album delivery
- The importance of marketing to previous clients and using ongoing promotions
- Outsourcing and automation to maintain profitability and efficiency in the photography business
- The belief that AI will not replace wedding and family photographers but will make their jobs easier
- Advances in autofocus algorithms and AI tools for retouching
- AI’s potential for analyzing leads and conversations to determine conversion rates and predict booking timelines
- The benefits of AI analytics and data for optimizing business operations
- Discussion of culling processes and the importance of removing oneself as a creative director
- Michael’s recommendation to automate the reveal process and scheduling
- The benefits of automation in terms of saving time, reducing errors, and preventing the need for manual follow-ups
- The importance of outsourcing and delegating tasks for work-life balance and preventing overwhelm
- Making a list of tasks and prioritizing outsourcing based on personal preferences
- Having systems in place for handling situations where time off is needed
- ProSelect and Lightroom for IPS and slideshows
- Michael’s use of off-camera lighting and controlling light with equipment like a three-foot Profoto Octa box, grids, and reflectors
- Focusing on getting the final look in camera to save time in the editing process
- Michael’s outsourcing of editing, training associate photographers, recruiting, and creating timelines