Workflows with Dave ShayAll episodes
We speak with entrepreneur and photographer Dave Shay about the intersection of art and technology.
Dave Shay is an entrepreneurially-minded photographer who loves working at the intersection of art and technology. From repairing cameras for Leica and FujiFilm to starting his own photography business and being an ambassador for MagMod and SLR Lounge, Dave always seeks new challenges.
His most significant business challenge came in the form of busyness. In 2013, Dave photographed over 53 weddings (up from 15 the year prior). With no reliable systems in place to handle double-digit growth, Dave grappled with burnout.
Learning from his life lessons, Dave made it his mission to help photographers simplify their workflow and build better systems.
Discussed in this episode
- How to Save Time in Your Photographic Process with Automation
- The Importance of Getting Composition and Lighting Right In-Camera
- How to Spend Less Time in Post-production and Grow Your Business
- Client Expectations: How to Proactively and Intentionally Manage Them
- The Benefits of Automating Your Client Communication
- Post-Session Business Tasks to Increase Revenue
- The Importance of Following Up With Your Wedding Clients
- Lead Nurturing for Photographers
- How to Make Your Photography Business More Profitable