Busting Photographers’ Off Camera Lighting MisconceptionsAll episodes
Discover the truth behind off-camera flash misconceptions with award-winning wedding photographer Bill Stank on this enlightening episode of Workflows. Learn valuable insights to improve your photography skills and elevate your photography workflow!
Bill Stank is an award-winning wedding photographer based out of Baltimore, MD and the Lehigh Valley, PA. He has been photographing weddings since 2012. He is a self-proclaimed Tikka Masala Enthusiast and lives with his partner, 3 dogs, a cat, and over 100 house plants.
In this episode, Bill Stank debunks common misconceptions about off-camera flash in photography. From addressing the belief of not being capable of using off-camera flash to exploring the pros and cons of this lighting technique in various situations, Bill shares practical tips to help photographers master off-camera flash and enhance their photography workflow.
“Don’t forget to embrace the light that’s there because it might be really beautiful.” – Bill Stank
- You can master off-camera flash with practice
- On a wedding day, prioritize using techniques you’re comfortable with
- Understand the pros and cons of off-camera flash
- Embracing natural light doesn’t make you any less of a professional
- Finding the balance between natural and added light yields exceptional results