Workflows with Allie SiartoAll episodes
We speak with award-winning photographer and host of The Photo Field Notes podcast, Allie Siarto, about her photography business workflows.
Allie Siarto is an award-winning photographer with a focus on visual brand storytelling. She runs The Photo Field Notes Podcast, sharing photo, business, and marketing advice for photographers. Allie’s background is in advertising and public relations—she teaches as an adjunct instructor and co-leads a study abroad program in Rome through Michigan State University’s Advertising + PR department.
Allie’s photography work has been published in Pop Sugar, Country Living, Apartment Therapy, Houzz, The Knot Wedding Magazine, Style Me Pretty, Every Last Detail, and other outlets. Her business advice has been published in Forbes, The Huffington Post, The Washington Post, Mashable, Yahoo! Small Business Advisor, MSN, VentureBeat, Under 30 CEO, the Business Woman Rock podcast, the Mixergy podcast, and the Hack the Entrepreneur podcast.
Outside of photography, Allie spends as much time as possible exploring Lake Michigan by sailboat with her family and helping to run her local Arts Commission to bring art to public spaces.
Discussed in this episode
- How to Save Time When Photographing: Get the Images Right in Camera
- How to Slow Down and Get the Perfect Shot Every Time
- How to Get Your Clients to Laugh Naturally
- How to Automate Your Photography Business for More Efficiency
- How to Save Time When Editing Photos
- How to Use a MIDI Controller to Speed Up Your Editing Workflow
- The Importance of Asking for Reviews
- The Power of Asking for Client Feedback and Referrals
- The Benefits of Hiring an Assistant to Film Behind the Scenes Footage